Intro: Anthropological Triathlete

My name is Grace Kendra and I will be a senior this upcoming school year. I am a Cultural Anthropology major with minors in Peace and Justice Studies and Leadership of Organizations. I am taking this class because of my interest in the topic and as a requirement for my major. Coming in with an undeclared major as a freshman, I took a variety of classes to help me decide what I wanted to do. As soon as I took my first Anthropology class, I was hooked. I knew I wanted to dedicate my life to helping and understanding others, and Anthropology was the perfect fit for me.

Outside of school, I have a variety of hobbies. The biggest is being the president of the Michigan State Triathlon Team. I, with my teammates, train year-round for the sport. We train for the Olympic distance, which is a 1500m swim, 24 mile bike, and 10k run. I love the challenge the sport brings and working harder to achieve goals I set for myself.

Made with Square InstaPic

Made with Square InstaPic

One thought on “Intro: Anthropological Triathlete

1. Hi Grace! My name is Taylor, and I will also be a senior this upcoming school year. I also have a strong interest in helping others! I am a Psychology major and will possibly double major in Plant Biology in hopes to study medicinal plants. Im glad that you were able to decide what major you wanted to pursue. Thats awesome that you are the president of the Michigan State’s Triathlon Team!! Being active in that and school must keep you very busy! I used to play basketball, softball, and dance all throughout my life until high school then stopped because I was busy with studying and being a research assistant for two labs here at MSU. I hope that next year I will be able to find time every day to workout, though!