Intro: To Stay or to Graduate?

Hi everybody!  My name is Antonio Siciliano and I’m a junior majoring in anthropology as well as double minoring in linguistics and Arabic.  Since I’m an anthropology major it’s pretty clear as to why I’m taking the class, but medicine and culture have become interests of mine over the last year or so.  Education is my life!!  I aspire to be a professor and researcher of foreign languages and peoples, focusing on their interaction compared to ours.

This is a picture of Amman, Jordan which is a study abroad offered here at MSU.  No, I haven’t made it there yet, but it is my dream to go while I’m still an undergrad.

Grad school is definitely on the horizon and I’m so excited to see how things turn out.  Since it’ll most likely be very competitive I’m still deciding if I will stay an extra year and get a second bachelors degree in Linguistics.  The nice thing about that would be that I can use both my knowledge of people and language to study and work within my field before I get into a grad program.  What is the downside to that?  Debt, the inevitable of course.  Trying to figure out if it’s worth it to stay will be a task, but hey, I’m a young strapping lad with a few years of college under his belt.  One thing is for certain, though.  I know what I want to do and I will most definitely give it my all!

2 thoughts on “Intro: To Stay or to Graduate?

1. Hi Antonio! My name is Lexi, I am also a junior. I am a Lyman Briggs physiology major. I think it is awesome that you want to go to Jordan for study abroad! A friend of mine did that study abroad trip and he talks about it all the time! I’ve heard you should definitely check out the ancient castles built into the side of mountains and the monster truck adventure ride through the desert! Do you speak Arabic at home or is this something you have picked up at school?

2. Hey Antonio! My name is Molly, I’m a senior anthropology major. I think it’s awesome that you love education enough to continue learning. I really hope you get a chance to go to Jordan, I haven’t been, but the sister of one of my close friends studied abroad there and she loved it. It seems like you are very passionate about the culture there and I will be interested to see if that plays into your blog posts throughout the semester!