Intro: Dog Lover

Hi! my name is Jennifer Gerlach,

I am going into my senior year at Michigan State, majoring in Advertising management with a double minor in health promotion and public relations, with a focus in business. I am still unsure what I want to do with my future but hope to get into something advertising and marketing related.

I spent last summer studying abroad in Italy, and a little time traveling around Spain. Ever since this experience I have fallen in love with traveling! This summer I am working in the marketing/advertising department at The State News in Lansing. I have really enjoyed my time here and think it has given me a better idea of what I want to do in the future. On the weekends I have been traveling and spending a lot of time up north.

IMG_7965 (2)This is me and my best friend last summer in Italy.

This is my first anthropology class, but with a minor in health promotion I do have an interest in the medical field, and would ultimately like to work for a medical or pharmaceutical company. I’m looking forward to the rest of this class!

3 thoughts on “Intro: Dog Lover

1. Hi Jennifer! I’m a health promotion minor too! I found your post very interesting because I’m really interested in working in the medical field too! This is also my first anthropology class as well so I’m really excited to see how the rest of this class goes. That’s really cool that you’ve gone on a study abroad to Italy and Spain. I went with my family to the UK and Scotland. I’m actually from the U.P. so that’s great that you visit up north often!

2. Jennifer,
    I am so jealous of your study abroad in Italy and travels to Spain! I have always wanted to go to both countries. I’m also happy to see so many diverse majors in this class, not just ones that relate to social science. I have never heard of health promotion before your post, and it sounds extremely interesting. I would love to hear more about what health promotion is and exactly how you want to use it. Anyways, I hope this class helps you broaden your understanding of your major and find new interests.

3. Hi Jennifer!

I also spent some time in Italy last year and it’s so life changing! In my fifth year I hope to also have an internship in Lansing doing PR and hope to work in pharmaceuticals in a big city, like my sister. This is my first anthropology class as I’m in the Communications college as well and am excited to learn more!