Intro Post: Friends Who Panic Together Stay Together

Hi Everyone!

My name is Maria Green! I am a sophomore at Michigan State University! I am majoring in Physiology with a double minor in both Health Promotion and BHS (Bioethics, Humanities, and Society). I have been a State fan since I was born, especially since my last name helps! When I got accepted, it was probably one of the happiest days of my life (I cried and everything). Since I have attended MSU, I have made some of the best and most cherished memories. I know that attending such a fine and prestigious school is going to help me achieve my dream of becoming an Emergency Room/Trauma Surgeon. I know, I know! How could you deal with that much blood? Because it is fun! All jokes aside though, surgery is what I aspire to be and I can’t wait until that day finally comes.

So far, I have had ZERO experience with Anthropology unless one of my friends majoring in it counts. I chose to take ANP 370 because it was one of the options for my minor. I really wanted to find a class that would peak my interest and keep me entertained. I want to be able to enjoy what I was studying since you tend to perform better when you do. Because I want to be a surgeon, I figured learning a bit about Culture, Health, Illness, and how they interact would be perfect. I can’t wait to start!

So everyone knows, my dad passed away in January. The girls in the picture below and the paragraph below explains a little bit why I picked the picture I did. They are the best people I have ever met in my life and I couldn’t ask for anyone better to spend my time at Michigan State with!

Below is the reason I chose the title I did. This is a picture of me and all of my best friends at the concert we went to this past spring: Panic! at the Disco. I love the band just a little bit less than I love my girls. I am the one on the bottom right hand corner. On the left it goes Cristina, my roommate Lydia, Tatum is down in front, and Laura is up in the back. These girls are my ride or die and I don’t know what I would do without them. This year was tough but they helped me get back up. The reason I chose this photo is to show that with the right people and the right place, anything can be possible.

Can’t wait to keep going with the class! Hopefully I can meet all of you cool people!!

Maria

One thought on “Intro Post: Friends Who Panic Together Stay Together

1. Hi Maria!!! I also went to that concert and it was AHHHMAZING!!!! I hope you really enjoyed it as well! I am very sorry about your dad but your friends seem like they were really there for you and you need good people in your life!! Continue to surround yourself with positive people who never put you down. I hope everything goes as planned and you continue to stay a state fan through out your life… after all your last name did have you destined for it!