- Lecture: 2.1. “Explanatory Models” and Interpretive Theory: Learning about Health through Ethnography
- Lecture: 2.2. History of the DSM
- PDF: 2.1. McGruder, Juli. Chapter 10 – “Madness in Zanzibar: An Exploration of Lived Experience” in Schizophrenia, culture, and subjectivity : the edge of experience, edited by Janis Hunter Jenkins.
- PDF: 2.2. Kleinman, Arthur. Chapter 7 (excerpts) – “Conflicting Explanatory Models in the Care of the Chronically Ill” In The Illness Narratives. pp. 121-122, pp. 128-136
- Book: Begin reading The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down. Chapter One, Three (note: we will discuss in Week 6)
- Clip: 2.1. Book TV: Jonathan Metzl “The Protest Psychosis”
- Blog Post: Post Prompt – DUE by Friday 7/15 @ 11:59pm EST
- Blog Comments: DUE by Sunday 7/17 @ 11:59pm EST.