Christine LaLonde Introduction

Hi all,

My name is Christine LaLonde I am 23 years old and this is my last course at Michigan State University! At the end of this class I will have my Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology with a concentration in Evolution, Ecology and Organismal Biology. I transferred to MSU in fall 2010 after obtaining my Associates in Science at Schoolcraft Community College in Livonia. I am taking this class because I have always had an interest in archaeology. After taking intro archaeology class last year I really liked it and have always been drawn to Egyptian History and I am now taking this class to complete my last elective requirements. Once I am done with this course I am considering transferring (again) to Wayne State University for another program for veterinary technology. Although I might take the next year off to look for internships and research experience. I am considering Wayne State due to financial reasons and because it is much closer to where I currently live now and am working, which is the Metro Detroit area.

In addition to being a MSU student I am a waitress at a local restaurant/bar in Dearborn Heights, MI. I love animals and I volunteer with the Michigan Humane Society and I hope to one day make a career out of my love of animals. I have been a vegetarian for the past six years and I enjoy going outdoors, bike riding, kayaking, camping and enjoy relaxing whenever I can.

This is my third online class at MSU and so far it is unlike anything I have taken so far, but I am very intrigued and can’t wait to get started. I am a little nervous about all the writing so after we submit if anyone has an comments or critiques please do so, I welcome all the help I can get!

1 thought on “Christine LaLonde Introduction

1. Christine – yup, we do things a little different with our online classes in the Antho department. Students tend to like how we do things (as opposed to other department’s online classes). I actually direct all of our online classes for the department, so if you have general thoughts about how this class runs (or any of the others), I’d love to hear them.