Introducing Dana Nyquist

Hello everyone! My names Dana Nyquist and I am now, I can’t believe it, a senior at good ole MSU! Woo! I’m majoring in criminal justice with an additional in anthropology. Although I’ll be pursuing the physical anthropology field in the near future I’ve always had a fascination with archaeology, and especially ancient Egypt.. But c’mon who hasn’t? When I’m not wrapped up in my studies I tend to have a lot of good times with great people. It could be anything from producing music videos (as we like to say it, we tend to just put together bits and pieces and voilà, a masterpiece), camping, or road trips. Which in fact, I have a few trips lined up this summer and I will be embarking on very soon. I really enjoy going to concerts, especially to see 311! I’m an avid outdoorsman and have just picked up the sport tennis this summer. Maybe Wimbledon will be in my near future as well?

I hope this class will bring some great insight on the ancient Egyptian archaeology, maybe it will even peak my interest into changing subfields. I’m excited to get the ball rolling and I hope that everyone’s summer has been just as entertaining as mine so far.

2 thoughts on “Introducing Dana Nyquist

• Oh yeah! Well that’s the plan as of now… i’m sort of wishy washy on exactly what it is I want to do and i’m waiting to hear back from this volunteer program that I applied for, as a stepping stone to get my foot in the door. Hopefully it will allow me to see if this is the right path for me or not.