- Introduction to Evolution
- Why Evolution Matters
- Couvier & Catastrophism
- Lyell & Uniformitarianism
- Lamarck and Acquired Characteristics
- Darwin and Natural Selection
Media (readings, video, etc)
- Reading: Understanding Humans: Introduction to Physical Anthropology and Archaeology, Chapter 2 [read]
- Video: Who Was Charles Darwin
Assignments – Post under Class Blog tab
- Bonus Blog #1 Due (your post due Friday by 5pm, your response to fellow students due Sunday by 5pm). This is for extra credit, but to receive credit you must complete all components of the assignment
- Bonus blog question: Given what you’ve read about the scientific method, how would you explain the differences between science and religion as methods of explaining natural phenomena? Do you personally see a conflict between evolutionary and religious explanations of how species came to be? Why or why not?
Your blog post should be at least 350 words. Your response to another post should be at least 200 words.
Remember: please be respectful and thoughtful in your blog as well as your response to another post (which, again, is a required part of the assignment)