Week 7 Post

The importance of agriculture has been known to me when I was in the high school. The definition of agriculture is the practice or science of farming. Before I talk some of my opinion about agriculture, I need to start with another important fact of human evolution, which are the place they lived and domestication. After New Stone Age, people start to stay in the same area so that more and more people stay together to become as a community. Then they tame wild animals like dogs or even horses to help them hunting or carry things. Before they really start agriculture, the food they eat mostly come from the animals they hunt or wild vegetable. Then they start to plant some vegetable and fruits. That is the emergence of agriculture.

I can’t think of the reason for the opposition that people said the emergence of agriculture eventually led to the rise of the state. Before that, people cannot find food easily, they need to hunt for food or find some wild vegetable. After the emergence of agriculture, people can start to grow food so that they don’t need to worry about food anymore. So more and more people stay together, they have people to grow different kinds of things. The few people turn into town, the town turns into the city. Finally, the rise of the state. One thing we need to figure out. Is that only the emergence of agriculture rise of the state or not cause the rise of the state? Maybe is because they just want to stay together, live together so that state rises. From the archaeological point, archaeologists need to find out what kind of materials is the key point that causes the emergence of agriculture. For example, the hook or the hoe made by stone. That might be the key point that shows off that people start to plant the thing they need during New Stone Age.

Why agriculture emergence? I think that is another interesting question we can try to figure out. Is that possible that people don’t want to eat meat anymore so that they start to look for another kind of food to eat? After that, they find out that the grass grows from the ground is delicious. Or they find out the seed of the plant can grow another thing out if they have been planted and watered. They start to try out and succeed. Some people who like to eat also find out that vegetable and meat eat together can be healthier, mosquitos stop coming for them anymore. Many different kinds of situations all can become the emergence of agriculture.

One thought on “Week 7 Post

1. Hi. I think your post has the huge difference from others, your post points out the relationship between agriculture and the rise of the state. If I am going to talk something about that, I might try to use some proven details to point out my opinion. But you are different, you pointed out lots of things which is your own conjecture. For example, “Some people who like to eat also find out that vegetable and meat eat together can be healthier, mosquitos stop coming for them anymore.” This sentence shocked me because you say that people start to have agriculture is because of the people who like to eat or mosquitos. The idea is a little bit crazy to me but that also use different ways to show off your point about your thought.
    Another thing is you have mentioned that archaeologists need to find some key point about the agriculture and the rise of the state. “For example, the hook or the hoe made by stone. That might be the key point that shows off that people start to plant the thing they need during New Stone Age.” This sentence is really important to your point, and I totally agree with you. In all, I think your post is interesting and well done.