Introduction Post

Hello.  My name is Jennifer Huff.  I currently live in Columbiaville, Michigan.  It is a small community that is just north of Lapeer and a bit east of Flint. I am (finally!) a senior majoring in Anthropology.  I began this journey at MSU a very long time ago, I left MSU before finishing my degree and then life happened.  I was married and I had kids and now I even have grandkids! It has always nagged at me that I wanted to finish what I started. So, here I am, getting it done.  I love anthropology because it encompasses so many different things.  I have been to an archaeological field school and I also have always had an interest in other cultures.  Most recently, I have been very interested in medical anthropology. I have previously taken a medical anthro class and I am excited to see what this class has to offer while specifically looking at women.  

When I am not doing school work, I like to spend time with my large family and enjoy camping and also making crafts.  One fun fact about me is I always know what is going on with the weather. My family and friends literally will text and ask me what is up with the weather.  They must not know there are apps for that.  🙂 Perhaps I have missed my calling as a meteorologist? 

One thought on “Introduction Post

1. Hi Jennifer! Welcome to anthro 270 and congrats on making it to your senior year. I’m happy to have more anthropology majors in the class, it’ll be interesting to see what comes up in discussion. This class will cover some things that may have also been covered in your med anthro class, but it’ll be focused on how these things pertain specifically to women so you shouldn’t get to much repeat.
    Maybe after you graduate you could find some way to combine meteorology and anthropology together. I think there could be potential there, anthropology goes well with just about everything Medical anthropology, cyber anthropology, food anthropology, anthropology of the stars, why not weather anthropology? Or archeology of weather?