OPTIONAL Introductory Post

Hello, my name is Jayant Panuganti but many of you guys can get away with calling me Jay. I am a prospective Sophomore at The Lyman Briggs College here at Michigan State University. I am currently majoring in Human Biology and also working towards having two minor, one in bioethics and the other in entrepreneurship and innovation. My hometown, is Troy, MI and I live roughly about two hours away from campus. Within the many things that get underway in terms of what I like to do outside of school there are a handful things I would think of. Firstly, I do classify myself as a pianist. Within the past 10 years I have tested and yielded ribbons of excellence for the National Guild of Music. I also like writing my own music and playing covers for other songs, music really gets me going. A fun fact about myself might be the fact that I can speak in 4 different languages fluently (English, Spanish, Hindi, and Telegu). Finally, I wish to learn how multiple social factors weigh into the development of an approach to health care, policy and other areas of society that ultimately affect how the world around us works today.

One thought on “OPTIONAL Introductory Post

1. Hi Jay,
    This class will be a good introductory for you into the world of bioethics, some of the stuff we will be talking about will be touching on some ideas surrounding bioethics and biopolitics. As a bioethics minor you should keep your eye on the anthropology department, we offer a lot of good medical anthropology courses that count towards the minor and will also give you some good insights into bioethics, biopolitics, and other things.
    You must be insanely good with the piano to do so well at competitions. Do you play the piano professionally outside of competitions or is it something that you prefer to do for fun?