Week 1 Blog post

The story I am chasing to share this week is a very sad one about my aunt Jenny. It all started a few weeks after my aunt Jenny gave birth to my cousin Ruby, at a doctors visit they found a lump in my aunts breast and determined it was breast cancer. Without wasting any time they preformed a double mastectomy and started her on chemo. Life for my aunt was hard after the surgery, she was unable to hold her new born baby daughter for numerous weeks on top of being sick all the time from the chemo. Weeks past after the surgery without any checks being done, in a post op visit my aunt mentioned how she thought she left a lump in her breast but the doctor was quick to ignore this comment. More weeks went on and now the lump could not be ignored anymore, more investigation showed that the cancer had now spread to her liver and it was stage 4. The rest of my aunts country was long and painful and unfortunately she was not able to fight anymore. With all the tools available to fight breast cancer she should have won her battle but no medical accomplishments can replace the doctors that ultimately make the final decisions, and some decisions can either save peoples lives or end them.