5 July 2011 Comments Off on Final Thoughts for msu.seum

This post was hand crafted with love by Whitney

Final Thoughts for msu.seum

When I look back over the last two weeks of the CHI Fieldschool and see the almost finished project msu.seum, I am impressed by what we accomplished. Six students in two weeks producing an almost finished application for both android and iphone. Working in content we had to find the materials for this application, which included trips to the archives, shooting our own video, and writing up all of the information for each exhibit.

I learned a lot about project management from this fieldschool, and how important it is for different teams involved in the project to communicate with each other. We regularly updated each other on what we were working on. We also had to communicate what the design would look like so that we knew what sort of content we needed for each page. This also provided us with the limits for what we could put in each page. We also had to communicate with programming what we were capable of doing in a short amount of time.

I think that my major concern was that we started the project so late in the fieldschool. I would have liked to have begun planning ideas for what the project would be earlier, and adapted the project as we learned new materials. I think that we did an amazing job in two weeks, but would have liked to have time to develop some of the ideas on our list that we did not get to because of time constraints.

I learned a lot the last five weeks, and I am excited to see the finished msu.seum available for people to use, and cannot wait to show the finished application to people.