1 June 2011 Comments Off on Introduction: Rachael

This post was hand crafted with love by rachael

Introduction: Rachael

My name is Rachael and I am student in the Digital Rhetoric and Professional Writing MA program at MSU.
In my MA studies thus far, I’ve focused on building technical skills in web development, technical communication, and moviemaking. I place a high value on the ability to produce work that is accessible and useful to its intended users and stakeholders. At the core of my philosophy for composition and design is user advocacy, open access, and beauty in simplicity. Previously, I earned my BA from MSU in American Studies where I focused on postcolonial histories and cultural studies. Although I am now a rhetoric student, I have a very keen interest in ethical histories and representations of cultural entities.
I see incredible possibilities for merging my orientation toward cultural heritage issues with my growing technical skills as well as my ethos as a rhetorician. I want to push the confines of imagination in the humanities by doing work that is inventive, ethically informed, and accessible. Participating in the CHI Fieldschool seemed like an excellent opportunity to get my hands dirty doing exactly the kind of work I’m interested in.
When I’m not busy with my thrilling life as a graduate student, I enjoy all things pop culture (pop music and summer blockbusters especially), cooking, and anything arts & craft-related.
You can follow me on Twitter @zenparty.