26 June 2011 Comments Off on UI Design

This post was hand crafted with love by Whitney

UI Design

I had the opportunity this week to be part of the UI team for msu.seum. I really enjoyed working on on this part of the project. I had never worked on UI design before and was very excited for this opportunity.

We put together the wireframes for msu.seum, and it was an interesting challenge. We were able to put the wireframes themselves together easily, but what was challenging was deciding on what went where, and how it would be useful yet a pleasing design. We had to balance what could be done with what was intuitive for the users. We also had to make sure that there was not too many screens for them to go through before they got to the content they were looking for. I found this to be very similar to doing a puzzle (which I enjoy doing). We had all of these different pieces, and we had to make them fit in the best way.

We also had to choose colors and icons that would be used for this project. This was interesting as we then had to choose where these colors would be on the screens to ensure that there was flow throughout the design.

This is just a brief idea of some of the things that we had to think about and put together as our part of the project. I have now moved to the content part of this project, and am looking forward to working on that this coming week. I enjoyed my brief dalliance with UI design, and this has given me some new interests to learn more about.