Welcome to ANP455 – Archaeology of Ancient Egypt

Welcome to ANP 455 – Archaeology of Ancient Egypt.  We’ll be talking in detail about the class (assignment, student responsibilities, schedule, blah, blah, blah) in detail on the first day of class.  However, there are a couple of things that I’d like to point out/have you do ASAP:

• You’ll be receiving an (automatically generated) email with login/password info for the course website by the weekend – keep an eye on your inbox for this.  Sometimes the MSU spam filter catches these emails.  So, if you haven’t received yours by then, give me a shout via email or talk to me in lecture.
  • Pop on over to the Creative Commons and read up on the various CC Licenses.  This is pretty important.  Given that all of your work will be open access (and licensable through CC Licenses), its up to you to understand what that means (and the implications of choosing one license over another).

Thats it for now.  If you’ve got any questions, don’t hesitate to give me a shout via email or talk to me in class.