First hominin trait that can inform us about modern human biology is the shape and size of the brain. Neuroscience relates to the human brain is still mysterious and undiscovered area in human biology. We learned that most of all the primates have brain but still relatively smaller than homo sapien brains. Modern chimpanzees tend to have smaller brain sizes, and the growth of brain through evolution over time(Long Time) more importantly differs among primates. It is pretty common and effective research method sampling with chimpanzees ahead of human cases in the lab, because modern chimpanzees share many similar characteristics of our primate ancestors. I think brain is a prime factor among many hominin because human is a only a primate that dominates this planet because of the power of brain that is different from any other animal on this planet. Brain controls, develops human primates and use the technology and information to develop better tools and methods consistently. This is all from efficiency and creativity that comes out from the human brain. It will be definitely worth trying develop the way to develop the brain by studying the other primates’ brain.  

Hominins do evolve over time. Hominins became walk on two feet, tougher feet for longer distance mobility, mouth, and teeth are all the examples that proves evolution of hominins.   We learned that we can assume many things from the canines of the fossils it can tell us species, diets, and their behavior patterns as well. Teeth is especially crucial to determine behaviors and environments and tell if it it was carnivores or not. 

Fossilized evidence tells us so many things. These can tell us what to do with our own biology in terms of primate study to enhance human biological ability such as brain. There are so many evidences saying chimpanzees and human primates share similar ancestry evidences, and this is common that chimpanzees often are used as samples in studying human primates. I am positive we can learn a delightful discovery through primate study in human biology.

One thought on “Week 5 Blog Post

1. Really great post, I enjoyed reading it. I also agree with you on the topic of brain size and shape in regard to the hominid. I also think braid is a prime factor in the development as far as dominates. Also i think what lead to this increasing in the size of the brain was the Hominid species ability to stand and travel upright, this different way of mobility i think gave way and opportunity for changes both social and dietary. I also agree with you about their teeth. The food we put in out mouth change so much with behavior and environment. I remember taking cultural anthropology and about how different cultures vary so much in the foods they eat based on location and behaviors.