Optional Introductory Post

Hi! My name is Shelbie Schwall, I am a sophomore, I’m from Clinton Township Michigan, and I am majoring in Nutritional Sciences with a Concentration in Biomedical and Molecular Nutrition and Public Health. I’m also involved in Greek Life, Co-President and founder of the MSU HOSA chapter, a 2019-2020 Michigan HOSA State Officer, and will be participating in Army ROTC this fall. I don’t really have much experience with anthropology, but I am taking two courses this summer which I am extremely excited about! I am taking this course because I needed two public health electives and this course really interested me! I am excited to learn about this perspective of health. I was so excited when I realized we get to research a health disparity in the country of our choice! I’m aspiring to be a physician, with plans to go into OBGYN or public health. My one passion in life and calling is to help others. Something I really want to participate in is Doctors without Borders someday! This is a great opportunity for me to learn about some of the disparities I hope to one day help with!

One thought on “Optional Introductory Post

1. Hi Shelbie! Don’t worry about not having a background in anthropology, this course doesn’t require any anthropology knowledge, but it will probably help you out with your other anthropology course. Are you taking the medical anthropology course?
    This course will definitely be a good course to take, especially if you are interested in being an OBGYN in the future, or if you do anything else with medicine in the future. Also, good luck with the ROTC in the fall!