Introduction of Selina

Hello all, my name is Selina Kelley and I’m going in to my 5th year at MSU. Super senior is my title, Anthropology is my major, and I can honestly say that I’m still not sure what I’m going to do with my life. Lately, I’ve considered pursuing fishery and wildlife, but I’m probably just getting ahead of myself. I’m currently stationed in Mackinaw City, Mi. I have family up here and have come every summer to work and visit since I was about 8 years old. My family owns the first T-shirt shop in Mackinaw city so I put in quite a few hours there. I also work at a Tavern on Burt Lake called Hoppies. Both of my jobs are amazing and the people are even better, however, the hours are long and my social life in the summer is generally non-existent. Regardless, I love Northern Michigan and despite what I told myself when I was 16, I plan on staying here and attempting to contribute my abilities to this lovely state (hopefully without torching the place in the process). I’m still not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but I’ve acquired a small passion for archaeology and really, anything old in general. I just finished an online History of Michigan class, which I found quite insightful and strengthened my desire to stay in the state after I graduate. Honestly, however, I’m really not in any hurry to graduate. The real world looks scary and uninviting. It all seems to come down to my inability to make decisions because I really just want to do everything and am finding it hard to choose just one thing to do first. Eventually I’ll figure it out, but in the mean time I’ve switched my major several times and realized the result is that I’ve become quite well-rounded with my studies and have enjoyed everything I’ve given a chance, even if only minimally. I’m excited for this class because it has joined two of my many interests, Archaeology and Egypt. It may just be me, but I can’t imagine too many things being more interesting. I’m simply excited to learn something new and continue to broaden my knowledge about the world I never got to experience.

3 thoughts on “Introduction of Selina