Optional Introductory Post

Hi everyone! My name is Sami. I am currently a sophomore studying nutritional science with a concentration in public health. I am from Cass City, Michigan. It’s a really small town, well, technically it’s a village and I have lived there since I was four years old. I love to sit by the pool or go to the beach with friends. Thrift shopping is also one of my favorite past times! A fun fact about me is that I plan on applying to Michigan State’s accelerated nursing program so that I can fulfill my long-term career dream of being a midwife. I am hoping this class will help see how women are influenced by the biomedical field and how I can help the health of women in need. One of the reasons I want to be a midwife is to help the women’s health industry to become more diverse and positive. I also hope this class opens my eyes to what I can’t see and what I choose not to see. There are many health issues I am sheltered from and I hope this class will change some of that for me.

One thought on “Optional Introductory Post

1. Hi Sammi! Welcome to the class.
    I actually know about Cass City, I’ve driven through it a few times. It’s actually about the same size as my town, we used to be a village but we got just enough people to be reclassified. Also, congratuations on getting into the accelerated nursing program, that is quite a feat. As a future mid-wife, I think you will really enjoy the third week where we talk about birth and different birthing practices.