Activity Post 7

I took this class to learn more about health issues that directly impact women. I learned more in-depth information pertaining to a lot of health issues I was already aware of and learn some interesting facts about new issues. I also was able to get more practice using anthropological perspectives to analyze issues. I enjoyed the combination of both reading and video throughout the course as well as the lectures. I also liked that we got to pick our own project and work on building information about it throughout the course.

I really wish I could have taken this course in person. I am not sure if it is just a personal preference, but it made it hard to really engage in the class by only posting on a blog. We had to make comments on others blog posts but that only meant we really thought about one other post a week besides our own. I also did not like that all we did was blog/activity posts it was a monotonous and boring way to show our comprehension of the material and allowed someone to be able to complete the whole course at the beginning of the semester if they had really wanted to (besides blog comments). I also felt like there was incredibly minimal feedback in this course, just numbers on D2L and while I can understand connecting with students in online classes can be difficult, I felt very detached from the class as a whole. Overall, I enjoyed the topic of the course but found the repetition of similar assignments really boring and disengaging.

One thought on “Activity Post 7

1. Thankyou for your feedback, I tried to engage with students by commenting on people’s post and explaining why points were deducted, but I apparently need to do more. I’ll relay your comments onto Dr. Watrall and hopefully we can make this course better next time.