Week 1 Optional Intro Post

Hi everyone! My name is Ana Buitron and I am a Senior here at MSU. My major is Anthropology with a minor in Women’s and Gender Studies. I was born in Ecuador, a small country in South America, but spent most of my formative years here in Michigan. Outside of school I enjoy walking my three dogs (when it is not extremely hot or cold), finding new and delicious places to eat, and running. From April of 2019 to April of 2020 I will attempt to run three marathons. Just writing this down and saying it out loud seem likes a monumental feat right now. A fun fact about myself is that I really enjoy snorkeling but am somewhat terrified of scuba diving. I hope to learn more about how women impact the healthcare system. I also want to find out how women are disenfranchised by different types of medicine (such as Biomedicine, Ayurvedic, and Chinese). I hope everyone has a great time in this class!

One thought on “Week 1 Optional Intro Post

1. Hi Ana!
    Three marathons is a lot but I’m sure you can do it! Just remember to stay hydrated. We won’t be focusing so much on how women impact the healthcare system, rather it’ll be the other way around. However, that is something I should note for the anthro department to include when they do this course. We will definitely be talking about disenfranchisement though, and how it happens in a variety of medical systems.