Optional Introductionary Post

Hi everyone! My name is Katie Paulot and I am a rising junior. I have a double major in Comparative Cultures and Politics and Anthropology with a minor in Gender and Women’s Studies. I’m from Canton, Michigan — you might be familiar if you have ever been to the IKEA there. Outside of school, I work at the College of Vet Med as a student receptionist, I’m a server at Sushiya in East Lansing, and I work as an intern for Planned Parenthood of Michigan. In addition to that, I like to hang out with friends, listen to music, paint, read, and play with my cat. I guess my fun fact could be that I’m left-handed (not that fun of a fact, but I can never think of one!). I hope to learn more about reproductive health and maternal health globally throughout this course as well as how other cultures view medicine.

One thought on “Optional Introductionary Post

1. Hi Katie, welcome to ANP 270!
    I wonder if we have seen each other at the vet center or at Sushiya. I’m a fan of both! If you are interested in maternal health you will like week three where we talk about other culture’s birth practices and the medicalization of birth. It is quite interesting.