Introductory Post

My name is Brooke Chmiel and I am going to be a Junior at Michigan State University in the Fall. I am a Kinesiology major with the intent of becoming a Physician’s Assistant in the future. My grandparents and mother were originally from India, but I have lived in Sterling Heights Michigan for my entire life. Outside of school, I enjoy reading and being active in nature. For example, my favorite book is And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Moreover, I enjoy going outdoors and hiking, running, biking, or swimming. A fun fact about myself is that I travel quite often with my family. In fact, I just got back from Australia and New Zealand on Saturday. Additionally, I have been to Hawaii, Alaska, Iceland, England, Italy, Greece, France, Aruba, Grand Cayman, multiple parts of Mexico, Jamaica, Costa Rica, and many more Caribbean islands. One thing that I hope to learn about in this class is the discrimination between men and women in the healthcare system.