Week 1- Extra Credit

Hi, My name is Emily and I’m going into my Junior year at MSU. I am studying kinesiology and hoping to finish within the next year. I am from Holland, MI. I absolutely love West Michigan, there is just something about living right near Lake Michigan that is breathtaking. During the summer my friends and family and I are always near some sort of water, whether it be a pool or a lake, we are not too picky. Outside of school I really like to spend time with my friends and family. If I have weekends off during the school year I really do my best to come back to see everyone. The fall in West Michigan is probably my favorite time of year. With all the changing leaves and the cool crisp breeze coming from the lake, it’s spectacular. One fun fact about me is that I have a dalmatian named Murphy. I am biased to say that he is the cutest dog out there. He will be four at the end of July but still has the best puppy dog eyes to get a few extra treats here and there. One thing that I would really like to learn from this class would be the disparities between men and women in the health care system. I think it’s important to first learn what the negatives are in order to help make a positive change.

One thought on “Week 1- Extra Credit

1. Hi Emily,
    I love dalmatians! I think they are super cute, and I have an especially soft spot for them since they have a high prevalence for deafness. I like watching videos showing them learning sign language.
    This class will definitely illuminate some of the issues in the biomedical system, a long with some issues involving how we see and view women and men. In taking this course you will be making improvements to the healthcare system simply by learning this stuff and hopefully challenging this in the clinic/hospital/rehab facility or wherever you practice. If you do more than that, that’s just a great bonus!