Introductory Post

Hello, my name is Kaylee Brookman and I am transitioning into my sophomore year at MSU. I am currently dual majoring in Political Science – Pre Law and Women and Genders Studies with a minor in Law, Justice, and Public Policy. I am from Burton, Michigan and if you do not know where that is, it is right next to Flint, Michigan. There is not much to do where I live so I usually only hang out with my friends and go to work most of the time, as I also do when I am at MSU. I would say a fun fact about myself is that I have a Siberian husky named Cora who actually just turned 2 years old a couple of days ago. Finally, one thing I hope to learn during this class is how women in other countries suffer from their failing health systems. Although I do know the basics of how people are treated in these countries, I still want to know how women are treated compared to men.

One thought on “Introductory Post

1. Hi Kaylee! Welcome to the class!
    I actually do know where Burton is! I think our schools played each other in football, I’m from Chesaning by the way, also a really small town. We will be talking about the experiences surrounding women’s health cross culturally. We will also be taking a critical look at our own health system and how it compares to other systems.