Cronk Optional Introduction Post

Hello, everyone!

My name is Jessica Cronk, my pronouns are she/her/hers, and my hometown is Perry, Michigan. This is my first time ever taking an Anthropology course, and during this particular summer session, I am simultaneously enrolled in Intro to Cultural Anthropology. I will be graduating next month with a Bachelor’s in Sociology and a minor in Women’s & Gender Studies. I have been a bartender for about four years now and would like to eventually make the switch into nonprofit work. I just moved to Tempe, Arizona a few weeks ago, so I have been spending a lot of time outside of school at the pool; however, I have yet to acclimate to the one hundred and sixteen-degree weather. I have a Maine Coon kitten named Boo, and he just recently learned how to chatter at birds from the windowsill. I look forward to using an anthropological lens and comparing the views–in relation to the intersectionality of gender in medicine–that I have already started to gather from a sociological perspective.

Word Count: 172

One thought on “Cronk Optional Introduction Post

1. Welcome to the world of anthropology Jessica! It’s a wonderful discipline and it’s useful in a lot of areas much like sociology. I hope you will enjoy both courses, you’ll probably find a lot of overlap between the two courses but it just means you’ll have less work to do. Also congratulations on graduation!